Chief Ministers of Balochistan
The land of Baloch, Balochistan is one of the provinces of Pakistan. The province was named ‘Balochistan’ due to the local Baloch tribes who are the majority of the people. Like other provinces of the country, Balochistan has a parliamentary form of government.
In the period of 1947-48, Balochistan was agreed to join Pakistan under the condition that province would stay otherwise self-governing; however the central supervision would control security, currency, foreign affairs, and economics of the region. Later the situation was changed and Balochistan was merged into Pakistan. From the time of independence, some Baloch nationalists and regional administration have been in clash with the central administration.
Sardar Ataullah Khan Mengal was the first CM Balochistan and served for a year. He is the leader of the Shaizai Mangal tribe and renowned political celebrity of Pakistan.
Below is the complete list of CM Balochistan from 1970 to present era.
- Sardar Ataullah Khan Mengal (May 1972-1973).
- Mir Jam Ghulam Qadir Khan (April 1973- December 1974).
- Sardar Muhammad Khan Barozai (December 1976-July 1977).
- Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali (June 1988-December 1988)
- Justice (R) Khuda Bux Marri as caretaker CM Balochistan (December 1989 -February 1989)
- Nawab Akhan Bugti ( Feburary 1989 – August 1990).
- Mir Humayun Khan Marri as caretaker CM Balochistan ( August 1990)
- Mir Taj Muhammad Jamali (November 1990 – May 1993)
- Nawab Zulifiqar Alo Magsi ( May 1993 -July 1993)
- Muhammad Nasir Mengal as caretaker CM Balochistan ( July 1993- October 1993)
- Nawab Zulifiqar Ali Magsi as CM Balochistan for second time (October 1993 -November 1996).
- Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali (Caretaker) November 1996 -February 1997)
- Sardar Akhtar Mengal (February 1997 -June 1998)
- Jan Muhammad Jamali (June 1988 – October 1999)
- Jam Muhammad Yousaf (December 2002 – November 2007).
- Muhammad Saleh Bhutani as caretaker CM Balochistan (November 2007 – April 2008)
- Nawab Muhammad Aslam Raisani (April 2008 – March 2012)
- Nawab Ghaus Bakhsh Barozai as caretaker CM Balochistan) March 2013 – June 2013)
- Doctor Abdul Malik Baloch (June 2013 -present)
Doctor Abdul Malik Baloch is the president of National party and currently serving as the CM Balochistan, Pakistan. He took the oath as the head of the province on June 7, 2013. He is the first non-tribal leader who has been chosen as the CM Balochistan. There are so many expectations from him for bringing a positive change in the tribal politics in the province.
Webpreneur. CEO ContentCreatorZ Pakistan. Managing Partner Media Marketing Services.