The history of Pakistani Airlines started with the merging of Orient Airways with international airlines cooperation of Pakistan. At that time Pakistan International Airlines was the only operator that provided travelling facilities to passengers. Meanwhile private airlines emerged and started their services in Pakistan. However, currently there exist only three main Pakistani airlines which include PIA, Air Blue and Shaheen Air.
Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), only airline owned by the Government of Pakistan, provides its travelling facilities to 42 international destinations and 27 domestic flights are operated by it. It has an employment rate of 18,043 according to the survey (2008). The main bases of PIA lay in three big cities of Pakistan namely Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad.
Air blue is the privately owned Pakistani airline which is the second largest domestic airline of Pakistan. It provides its services to five international destinations and four domestic places. Besides, another main Pakistani airline is Shaheen Air that is the private-based cooperation. Like Air Blue, it operates among main cities of Pakistan and schedules international flights to five or six destinations. The main base of both of these privately owned airlines exist at Jinnah International Airport in Karachi.
In addition to the currently serving airlines described above, there were few others that do not serve anymore due to some reasons. They include Aero Asia International, Pearl Air, Pakistan Airways and some others. Some of them closed their services long time ago and some had been suspended prior to poor management issues.
Business education plays a vital role in building a successful career in today’s highly challenging and competitive business world. In Pakistan, its importance was realized the past decade and several business schools were established throughout the country in both private and public sector.
Today there are about 87 HEC recognized business schools, out of which 59 belong to the private and 28 to the public sector. These schools provide Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) i.e. 3 or 4 yr program and Master of Business Administration (MBA) i.e. 1 or 2 yrs program.
The top Business schools in Pakistan are listed below. These school are listed in no particular ranking order:
1. LUMS-Lahore University of Management Sciences (Lahore)
2. IBA-Institute of Business Administration (Karachi)
3. Iqra University, (Karachi)
4. LSE-Lahore School of Economics
. NUST-National University (Business School Islamabad)
6. UMT-University of Management & Technology (Lahore)
7. SZABIST-Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science & technology (Karachi)
8. IBM-Institute of Business Management (Karachi)
9. Institute of Management Sciences (Lahore)
10. PIM-Pakistan Institute of Management (Karachi)
11. FAST- NU Lahore Business school
12. University of Karachi –School of Business
13. University of Punjab-Institute of Business Administration
14. FCC-Forman Christian college-School of Management
15. University of Central Punjab-PCBA
16. CBM-College of Business Management (Karachi)
17. Iqra University (Islamabad)
18. Institute of Management sciences(Peshawar)
19. UCL-University college Lahore
20. Bahauddin Zakariya University (Multan)