The Chief Ministers Of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
In this article, we will find out about the Chief Ministers of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa who have been in the power from 1947 to present time. As we know, a chief minister is the elected head of the government of a state. The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa elects the CM KPK for serving as the head of the provincial government in the province. The general election 2013 declared Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf the dominating party on KPK, and so Parven Khattak took the oath as the CM KPK on 31st May 2013.
Let’s take a look at the list of the CM KPK who held the position of the head of the province after independence till now.
Abdul Qayyum Khan was the first CM KPK after the independence. He served from August 23, 1947 till April 23, 1953 while the second CM KPK Sardar Abdur Rashid Khan held the position for the period of April 23, 1953 to July 18, 1955. The third CM KPK, Sardar Bahadur Khan had a short-term period as the head of the province from July 19, 1955 to October 14, 1955.
October 14, 1955 to June 30, 1970 was the time, when the post of CM KPK was abolished whereas the period of July 1, 1970 to May 1972 observed Martial law in the country. Maulana Mufti Mehmood was the first person who served as the CM KPK after 1970’s martial law. He stayed from May 1, 1972 to February, 1973. After him we see a long list of personalities who held the position of CM KPK.
- Sardar Inayatullah Khan Gandapur (April 29, 1973- February 16, 1975)
- Nasrullah Khan Khattak (May 3, 1975-April 9, 1977)
- Muhammad Iqbal Khan Jadoon (April 9, 1977-July 5, 1977)
- Arbab Jehangir Khan (April 7, 1985- May 31, 1988)
- Lt Gen (r) Fazle Haq as caretaker CM KPK (May 31, 1988-December 2, 1988)
- Aftab Ahmed Sherpaoo (December 2, 1988-August 7, 1990)
- Mir Afzal Khan (August 7, 1990- July 20, 1993)
- Mufti Muhammad Abbas (July 20, 1993-October 20, 1993)
- Pir Sabir Shah ( October 20, 1993- Feburary 25, 1994)
- Aftab Ahmen Sherpaoo as 2nd time CM KPK ( April 24, 1994- November 12, 1996)
- Raja Sikander Zaman as caretaker CM KPK (November 12, 1996- February 21, 1997)
- Mehtab Ahmed Khan (Feburay 21, 1997- October 12, 1999)
- Akram Khan Duraani (November 30, 2002- October 11, 2007)
- Shamsul Mulk as caretaker CM KPK (October 11, 2007- March 30, 2008)
- Ameer Haider Khan Hoti (March 31, 2008- March 2013)
- Justice ( r) Tariq Pervez Khan as caretaker CM KPK (March 2012- May 31, 2013)
- Pervez Khattaj (May 31, 2013-Present).
Webpreneur. CEO ContentCreatorZ Pakistan. Managing Partner Media Marketing Services.